Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

31.3.11

Land of the Upright

Ouagadougou: Wogdog


 The airport is now closed in compliance with the curfew. Thus no air traffic between 9pm and 6am is permitted. However it appears the airport is not completely closed.

This is in correction to a previous post in which I suggested the airport was simply closed. Information is coming so fast and from so many places sometimes it's hard to know it's for sure. This latest information is coming from Burkinabe so I trust it to be reliable.
-----
Edit 17h46 MST
In today's meetings in Ouagadougou senior officials in the military spoke to Blaise Compaore and suggested "the population can stay calm" - suggesting there's no need for panic.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for the update! That's good news. And, yes, I get lots of information from you. :)

Brittany said...

It is good news & I'm glad the news I post is useful :)
Blessings.