Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

8.3.11

West African Neighbours

I have no recent news from Burkina but I found this about Cote D'Ivoire.

I simply wanted to post this link to a report by the International Crisis Group. It recognizes similar issues I raised in my post West Africa (but is obviously much better informed!) the main issue being that Cote d'Ivoire is headed towards a civil war if the world doesn't intervene.

According to the report already more than 300 citizens have been killed and countless have been raped and killed. The International Crisis Group makes recommendations for what measures need to be taken in order to avoid civil war which includes more UN presence and a greater presence from ECOWAS.

And so we wait and we watch. And we stay informed. And we pray.

No comments: