Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

13.3.11

What Does Science Say?

Burkina Faso 
I was curious about how there could be such discrepancy between protestors and the government as to the cause of death of Justin Zongo. And then after a little research I discovered this: traumatic head injury resulting in fracture of the skull can cause meningitis. Acute Bacterial Meningitis or Staphylococcus aureus to be exact. I think it's hard to deny mistreatment in Zongo's case but is it impossible to deny that he did indeed have meningitis? Maybe, just maybe, both parties are right in this situation. 


I haven't got a lot of new information about the situation in Burkina. What I do know is this: the President has spoken publicly to condemn the acts that lead to Zongo's death, and more officials have lost their positions. That brings the tally to two police officers, a head of police and a governor. (Source)


We keep watching, waiting, praying.

No comments: