Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

28.5.10

a glimpse at may

The past few days have been so blessed. I am certain I will remember them the rest of my life. My mind is working, I think, to process them, and I am tired from the days events. This perhaps, has contributed to todays lack of inspiration. However, photos and stories from the past fews days will be coming soon.

For now, some photos from the past few weeks...






Ferdinand (on the left) has started his own class over the lunch hour at school. The class meets under the bring tree by our front door. Ferdi takes his role seriously, he takes attendance, disciplines students for not listening and observes to ensure they are studying.


Augustin, one of the 7 students that will be writing the BPC exam in 6 days. Pray for the students as they continue to prepare for this difficult exam.

.

Lukman (Joseph) and I playing



Abraham was one of the boys that participated in an impromptu afternoon photoshoot in the courtyard. It started when the boys wanted to look at my camera, try taking pictures with it, and then asked me to take their pictures. I followed them around the courtyard and took pictures at their command. We shared lots of laughs and the boys were thrilled to look through the shots.


Barka, on the road back from the village after our bikes broke down. The kids managed really well for a while, doubled up on working bicycles, but when another broke it became too much. Fortunately we weren't far from this rest stop and we waited in the shade until Ruth rescued us with the truck. Hoorah!

No comments: