Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

20.5.10

Le Foot

    I can’t tell you how grateful I am to all of you for the ways in which you (my home team!) support me: through your words of encouragement, your prayers and the donations you have sent with me. From time to time I'll be posting pictures and updates with a little thank you note for these things. Everything is much appreciated.

Today I'd like to thank three of Calgary's Soccer Clubs for their generous donations.


I'd like to extend a huge thank you to Blizzard Soccer for the generous donation of boy's soccer jerseys. We held a small distribution and each of our boys received a matching, team jersey. Already I've seen many games of t-shirts vs. Blizzards and the boys have worn their jerseys everywhere. They were a huge success! Thank you Blizzards for the jerseys, and for the soccer balls!



    Also I'd like to say a huge thank you to Northstar Soccer today for their generous donation of soccer balls. Last year and this year NorthStar donated heaps of soccer balls for me to bring to the kids at Sheltering Wings.

    This year when I arrived none of the boys could wait until my luggage arrived because their last ball had recently broken. Once my luggage made it to Yako I was able to give the boys at SW as well as the children at our school a new ball. Many happy soccer games have since followed.

    Thank you NorthStar!









    Finally I'd like to thank NorthWest United for the donation of all things soccer: jersey's, T-shirts, shorts and socks! (Sorry: no photos yet.) Thanks NorthWest United!



    ***Edit***
    check out Blizzard Soccer's Travelling Jersey section to see Sheltering Wings listed.




    No comments: