Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

2.5.10

10354

I depart tomorrow morning! At 7h05 my flight will leave the Calgary airport and I will begin the first leg of my journey. Calgary-Montreal-Paris-Niamey-Ouagadougou is the schedule! I will arrive in Ouagdougou on the 4th at 16h40 local time (12h40 Calgary time). Miriah and I will take the bus to Yako the morning of the 6th.


As I have considered this departure I have struggled to put into words the way in which you (as my supporters, friends and family) will all be with me in Burkina. I know it sounds cheesy so I will call on the words of the wise Frederich Buchener to help me...


“When you remember me, it means you have carried something of who I am with you, that I have left some mark of who I am on who you are. I means that you can summon me back to your mind even though countless years and miles may stand between us.”


Know that whether I have known you my whole life or you are a new friend you have had an impact in my life. And so while in the next months countless miles may stand between us know that I will never forget where I came from. The people of Calgary, my home church, my friends and family will always remain a part of me.


The thing is, this isn't goodbye but simply a see-you-soon on my part (as I'll arrive home at the end August). Until the time comes that we see each-other face to face know that I carry memories of you with me. You remain a significant part of my journey whether you are near or far.

I look forward to updating you through my blog, and I anticipate news of how your summer is going.


*The actual distance between Calgary and Yako is 10354km (as the crow flies) so it’s not actually countless miles that will lay between us...


Just a quick prayer request...Please pray for safety and rest as we travel. Also please pray for little things like our bags arriving as they should, where they should, when they should.


No comments: