Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

8.6.11

Thanks!

My friends the McLeans have been a big support to the work of Sheltering Wings and my time in Burkina and were generous in donating toothbrushes and toothpastes to my time in Africa this go-round. Although the original intent was for the brushes to come to Burkina Faso, when I contacted the McLeans about my change in plans they suggested the items could go wherever I saw fit.


While in Dzelukope I traveled with Mamy, my host mother, to visit the school she works at – the Keta Business Secondary School. There I met her class and was able to give them all toothbrushes and toothpastes to keep their smiles looking beautiful. It was a mostly female class as it was a home economics class, and the girls all cheered when I told them my friends in Canada had sent a little gift for them. They send their blessings.

I still had many toothbrushes and toothpastes and was able to give the rest to Father's House International to support them as they continue to provide for vulnerable children in Ghana.

Thanks so much McLean family!

No comments: