Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

30.6.11

Even Birds

In Ghana they say even birds must return to land. This is a metaphor for the fact that there comes a time for each person to return home. For me, right now, my time to be home in Calgary is now. I’m leaving my Africa home for a while, and trusting that in God’s time I will take flight here again too.


The past week at Father’s House International has been a fantastic experience. I can’t wait to tell you more about it. For now I will tell you I enjoyed every minute of bracelet making, soccer playing (mostly cheering for me), singing, dancing and chit chatting. The Great 8 (the 8 boys at FH), and the fabulous team behind Father’s House, have carved a place in my heart.

The past 7 weeks have been challenging and exhilarating, discouraging and encouraging, and full of the unexpected. To oversimplify I will say it’s reinforced my love for Africa, it’s made me ask tough questions and find even tougher answers, and it’s been an experience I will cherish.

I have just arrived back home...

3 comments:

Tammy Garrett said...

I can't wait to hear more and SEE more! Glad you enjoyed your time at the Father's House. Everyone certainly enjoyed having you there!

Brittany said...

i'm super excited to keep updating you & to send you pictures. i'm glad the enjoyment was mutual...what a fabulous place FH is.

Amanda said...

Awesome! Glad you had such a good experience at FH! :)