Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

10.5.11

T Minus 1

I’ve taken a read through my travel itinerary for Ghana, and have just finished my research proposal, so it’s now possible for me to give a sneak peek of what I’ll be doing on the other side of the world for the next 7 weeks. My time in Ghana will start when I leave for the airport Thursday morning - a little more than a day away. 
First of all, i’m part of a group study program with the University of Calgary with an African Studies program. Some of what we’ll be doing involves group study on community development and NGOs as well as an individual research project. My individual research project (although not finalized) will be around the topic of independent child migration. Part of this research will involve a 2 week home-stay, living with a family in a village. 
There will be lots of opportunities to see sights unique to Ghana, and experience life in Ghana. I’m confident there will be tons of learning opportunities and I’m really excited about putting into practice the theory I’ve been learning in-class for the past two years. 
After the end of my program I have some time to spend in places where I’ve made connections before I return to Canada on June 30th. I’m looking forward to updating you more as the days and weeks go on! 

No comments: