Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

10.5.11

futbols 1 & 2

I may not be in Burkina right now like I'd expected to be, and I may not know when the next time I will be there is, but the one thing that is certain is that I still consider the children of Sheltering Wings a part of my family. They've taken a little piece of my heart hostage. 
So yesterday I got together and sent off a package for them. In it I included ball 1 and ball 2 of my one world futbol project. The kids were the inspiration for getting my hands on the one world balls and I knew I wanted them to have some. Maybe I wanted this because the kids are often without soccer balls when all of them are destroyed by the rocks and dirt, and maybe because I just wanted them to have something from me to continue inspiring the love of the game. Whatever the reason, I'm so grateful my family joined forces with me and provided one world balls to send to Burkina. I'm grateful to Ruth and co. for offering to pack them along with them in June and I look forward to hearing about & seeing the balls in use. 
In the package I also included photos for the children and staff and a letter for the kids. Here's a little excerpt: 

"I talk about you so much, and tell so many stories of our times together, that my family feels like they know you. This is only evidence of how much I think of you. Even though we were born on two extremities of the globe we are the same; we have the same blood running through our veins and the same (and wonderful) Lord. Never forget this fact. But each of us is also different. We each have out own dreams, desires, thoughts. Know that each of you (yes, each of you!) has impacted me in your own, unique way - this is because you are each unique and special. Never forget then, that you are special, and loved. "

No comments: