Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

28.7.11

boats


I love this painting because... 

... it reminds me of the 4+ weeks I spent in Ghana's coastal regions. Nearly every day I would see the boats out on the water, and as I walked along the beaches I would find the boats pulled up in the sand, their nets piled high and the smell of fish thick in the air...And thinking of this time in Ghana gives me a moment to be thankful. 

Mostly though, I love this painting because it reminds me of the Great 8, where they were and where they are now. And when I see it I smile and whisper a little prayer for those very special little boys. And I say another little prayer for those who are working with FH to protect & love them.




And then I think of the kids like the Great 8 that are still in the coastal cities and on the lake; the kids that are still slaves. And I say a prayer for them, and for those who are working to fight their situation.

And with where I am, what's better than being able to do that?


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love. That's all. :)