Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

9.3.10

A Shout-Out to K from the USA

At times I am so overwhelmed by how much has happened since last year at this time. Sometimes though, I think it can't have been that long ago. Not a full year since I met the little boy picture below, or danced in the field under the stars to the soft beat of a djembe, or sang "Il y a de l'espoir pour toi" with my hands waving in the air amongst the hundreds of children that were learning about God's love for them... No sometimes time is a funny thing.



I'm cognoscente of the fact that this blog post probably won't seem too cohesive. I'm hoping it makes a lot of sense to K. For everyone else, know there's a story being told in this picture that has taken time to unfold. But in that funny way that time grips us, I hope too it will be forgiving.

I took this photo last march at an OCC distribution. That day a lot of children had letters, and I had a huge crowd of children around me asking me to read them their letters. It was busy but beautiful. Every time one of them smiled knowing that someone across the Atlantic had lovingly packed a box for them and written them a note it was a sight to behold.
This little guy's smile was one of them. Thanks K.



No comments: