Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

15.7.13

Kumasi Katchup


Kumasi was supposed to be a 4 day round-trip, with the possibility of it becoming a 7 day trip if surgery was scheduled. Instead it morphed into a 14 day trip turned 18+ day trip. The end goal has been the same throughout, and I am very grateful for the opportunity to secure surgery for baby Margaret, but once again Kumasi has been a fantastic, exhausting, confusing experience.

It's evident I am overdue for an update about our time in Kumasi. The short of the story is there hasn't been a recent update because I haven't wanted to update. The long of the short is I have struggled with how to sort through the good, average, and bad, to paint an accurate picture of my time here. I can't tackle it all at once so instead I'll attempt a series of updates. 

Instalment 1: Miss Margaret an update on Margaret's surgery
Instalment 2: The "Planning Thing"  an update on where I am
Instalment 3: Leaving Kumasi the first post surgery photos 
Instalment 4: Bravery on why cleft surgery is important

Yet to come:
"I Didn't Sign Up For This"

Looking forward to Katching you up on Kumasi!

No comments: