Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

27.4.11

The Scoop

THE SHORT: I will not be travelling to Burkina Faso tomorrow. 

THE LONG: With the recent developments in Burkina I decided I couldn’t travel without taking time to re-evaluate my travel. I desperately wanted to travel and spent most of last week convincing myself it would still be possible. Eventually I broke down when it became obvious my plans weren’t in line with God’s. And, although my decision was impacted by the recent developments, and travel advisories issued for Burkina, it was also made independent in that I spent time in prayer seeking God’s will. I made my decision recognizing full well that total peace may return to Burkina this week, and that he may not give the same answer to other people wanting to travel to Burkina.

This was by far the most difficult decision I’ve made. The children of Sheltering Wings, and people of Yako, remain in my heart and thoughts constantly. I’m confident that although this may is not the time to spend time with my brothers and sisters in Burkina this was also not my last opportunity to see them. (See
here
Despite the fact that deciding to not travel to Burkina has torn my heart up (yes, I’ve cried more than a few tears!) I feel at peace about the decision. 

And I am encouraged and excited about travelling to Ghana. I will now be leaving Calgary on May 12th. 

No comments: