Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

26.6.10

Le Karite


“Si le chevre mange du Karite c’est grace au vente” (If the goat eats shea it is thanks to the wind”
This is the Mossi saying one of Pastor’s introduced us to today. He offered thanks, for the work Sheltering Wings is doing recognizing that is because of God and his people (both in Burkina, and those who are involved from across the world through prayer and financial support) that things like the sponsorship distribution (and program in general) are possible.
I think, that’s a pretty beautiful way to say thank you.
There were tons of fun moments at today’s distribution. For a few minutes it started raining, and we feared a torrential downpour, but as quickly as the rain came it disappeared. And for that, we were grateful for the way in which the Lord provided and allowed the distribution to continue.

The picture above (pink dress) is a girl in our sponsorship program. A real cutie.
The second is a bunch of kids that aren’t in our sponsorship program but were hanging around outside the church. I had a couple minutes because no one was doing crafts, and they were right near me. I picked up my camera and went to take a picture of them, and they all disappeared. Then, they all reappeared, giggling hysterically. I’d started a game. I snapped a picture of them anyway and when I showed it to them they fell to the ground laughing. They wanted more. We spent a few minutes, playing: they pretended they didn’t want their pictures taken (when really they fought each other for a better spot in front of the lens) and I showed them each shot and waited for their hysterical laughter to die down.
I am a big fan of such moments.

P.S. if you’ll let me piggyback on the pastor’s words... If serving here in Burkina is my shea then you guys (and our Lord) are my wind. Thanks so much for having my back team!
P.S.S. I ate shea the other day (the fruit that surrounds the nut that is used to extract the oil that is used to make shea butter) and it’s absolutely delicious!

No comments: