Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

4.2.10

My Prayer Letter

Dear Friends and Family,

It is with great anticipation that I write to you to express my intent to return to Burkina Faso this coming spring and summer. I will be traveling back to Yako to volunteer once again with Sheltering Wings. It’s my hope to depart early May and return late August.

Before I left Burkina last spring God told me I would be returning to Burkina one day. At that time I had no idea when I would be returning but simply trusted in His promise. This past fall as I began to feel a stirring in my heart and a desire to return to Burkina I began praying that God would bring my heart in line with His will and make His plan abundantly clear to me. Through many conversations with God I have realized He is indeed calling me back to Burkina.

As I embark on this adventure I look forward to working with the babies and continuing to build on relationships with the older children. I hope to be able to help facilitate the short term teams and be of help in the office with administrative work. And, I look forward to discovering serving opportunities I don’t yet understand or know about.

It is my belief that I am in need of a group of people committed to praying for me as I head into the missions field. Many of you were a part of my support network during my previous trip and I cannot express to you enough how invaluable your prayers and support have been.

I am seeking a strong team of prayer supporters committed to praying for me as I serve in Burkina. Please pray for me prior to departure as I prepare spiritually for my trip and pray for all the other preparation (obtaining a travel visa etc). Pray continuously for protection against attack from the enemy: for physical and spiritual protection. Please pray for my personal ministry as well as for the ministry of the orphanage.

I am collecting donations of certain clothing items, baby supplies and medical supplies to bring to the orphanage. If you would like to consider donating you’ll find the list just below titled “Donations”. Additionally I will be collecting monetary donations to cover items that can best be purchased in country, to contribute towards the orphanage and for unforeseen opportunities to bless those in the surrounding community. If this is of interest to you, you’ll find my contact information at the bottom of the page or on the sidebar in the profile section.

Thanks for following along with my blog! I will be updating it weekly prior to departure with information about my upcoming trip as well as with up-to-date prayer requests. Once in Burkina I will endeavor to post frequent updates. To receive emails with updated prayer requests please send me an email and I will add you to my mailing list.

Thank you for your faithfulness and support.

Trusting in His grace,

Brittany Vine

No comments: