Canada, Burkina Faso, Ghana and all the in-betweens

20.6.09

A Bientôt Burkina Faso

My final days and weeks in Yako at the orphanage were really blessed. I am so thankful for the special moments I had with the children. Thank you for all of your thoughts, your concern and most of all your prayer concerning finishing up my time here.



Above: a fun moment with some of the kids; Ascension decided he'd like to take some family photos, so we all piled on the steps and the kids started snapping pictures...


I haven’t been saying goodbye here, I have been saying either “a plus” (see you later) or “à bientôt “see you soon”. Goodbye perhaps seems too definite. I did say to the kids and staff at the orphanage that if we don’t see each other again here on earth, that together we will worship God together in heaven one today and forever. They all agreed, and it was a good reminder for me that when I am saying goodbye to my brothers and sisters in Christ I am not saying goodbye.
However that being said goodbye wasn’t easy. I didn’t expect it would be, but the knowledge it would be hard to let go of this place I have come to love so dearly, and the people I hold so near to my heart, didn’t make it any easier. The kids at the orphanage knew it was hard on me to leave and each of them had their own special way to express their love. Many of the boys drew me pictures of flowers and brought me notes or came over and talked with me. Therese, our nine year old, grabbed my hand yesterday and said to me “Viens, on va pleuerer” (come let’s go cry), because she’d be telling me all week how we’d both cry when I left. Her gentle way of telling me, it was okay and that she loved me, touched my heart.
Below: Therese and I.

I leave Yako with many memories and a special place in my heart for each of the children and staff i worked with. I was so very blessed in my time here.


Louer, Praise !
A Bientôt Burkina Faso.

No comments: